Other things this week have been to re-focus on my standard-operations responsibilities and other projects. So, back to cataloging reports and helping Sunel re-organize the collection to be more standardized in its subject classification. Admittedly, she did most of it, asking me for help only sometimes, because I did have other things to do. We had to ready the library for the incoming long-course students. They're the ones who will be dominating the campus for the rest of the year, and the ones that actually use the library the most. So Sunel and I put together displays for their first two class learning modules, made the shelves neat, organized, and properly labeled, got all their usernames/passwords/printing codes sorted out, and did all other manner of little thing that needed to be done.
The week was not a total bust, however, because I went to town on Wednesday with Tania to pick up some stuff for the library and do some personal banking, and we got to chit-chat the entire ride there and back. Tania's actually really nice, but I hadn't really had the chance to get to know her, since she works on the other side of campus in a department I don't often have cause to deal with. There were game drives all week for the guy making a promotional video of the college, and I got to go on them. Unfortunately we didn't see much, and one of the days we got drenched on, which has made me feel less than stellar all week since then. However, Tania offered to take me to Moholoholo wildlife rehabilitation center with her this weekend, where we'll be guaranteed to see animals, albeit initially sick/injured and subsequently tamed and caged.

No comments:
Post a Comment