Monday, April 12, 2010

Short week, long weekend

Wish they could all be like that. Anyway, the long weekend was fun. Again, didn't really do a Hell of a lot. But that in and of itself was nice.

Friday Thabang and I went again to Dwaarslop (I'm sure I'm spelling that wrong) to visit his aunt's family. They were really nice, and actually spoke in English most of the time. Then he came back and slept at the college and the next day we went to Welverdiend. There, I learned how to eat this thing that's like sugar cane but isn't exactly it. Basically it's this stalk that you bite and rip off the outer layer and on the inside it's sweet. We chatted with some more of his family, and later walked around town. In the afternoon we joined some of his friends at the Welverdiend Youth Service who were doing a car-wash to raise money for uniforms for schoolchildren who couldn't afford them. A bunch of Thabang's friends were there, along with some people from the college who live in the village, and there was booze and music to boot, so it was a good time. We also raised a decent amount of money for the kiddies.

Sunday Thabang and I just hung out on campus, avoiding church, and actually had a nice time, just the two of us the whole day. Monday was a day for rest and cleaning. Nothing all that interesting happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment