I'd seriously stopped believing in predators actually existing, having not seen anything bigger than a jackal since I got here four months ago. But this weekend I went with Tania, Vivian, and Thabang to Moholoholo, where they rehabilitate and release whenever possible sick and injured wild animals. Unfortunately, there are always going to be those that are unable to return to the wild, and those ones are kept on by the center for educational purposes, and for tourists. Because, really, who doesn't want to feed a vulture and pet a cheetah? I was a little bit sad that we weren't able to get up-close and personal with all the animals they have there, but at least I've seen them. Lions, by the way, are huge. Hyenas too, are much bigger in person than I thought they were. Also, wild dogs are pretty darn big, and I personally think they're adorable. I want one.
I'll update this post with pictures soon, I promise.


*Updated!*
that is so cool! I am jealous of your wild (or not so wild) adventures! :)
ReplyDeleteKatie, blogger ate your comment! :( I was able to read it though. Thanks.
ReplyDeletehowdy Angie
ReplyDeleteyour flight home doesn't go somehow through Europe does it? cause air travel through eurpoe is essentially shut down. Just asking
love daddy
Nope, the farthest north I go is Dakar. Remember. Thursday morning, Boston. Pick me up. Love you!
ReplyDeleteYowza! That bird looks so much bigger than you. Did you apply a special photoshop avian enhancement filter?
ReplyDeletewow that is one ridiculously large bird! here's to good luck on an easy flight home, where your luggage lands with you, lol.
ReplyDeletesee you soon!
rin
Yeah, the bird really is that big. It was great. And yes, my luggage was at the airport waiting for me when I landed.
ReplyDelete