My flight out of Boston, though, is just a connector. I actually fly to Africa from Washington D. C. I hope my transfer and international flight goes as smoothly as the domestic one has gone so far.
Friday, January 1, 2010
In the airport
It appears I have quite some time before I get on my plane. Because of "increased security measures" the airlines have advised us that we need up to six hours before we get on a flight to get through security. I thought that was a little bit ridiculous, so I decide to give it three, with a buffer for traffic. We left my house at 9:00 AM-ish, and Daddy dropped me off at my terminal by 10:00 AM-ish. We hit no traffic. It took me fifteen, maybe twenty minutes from the time I got out of the car to get to my boarding gate. There was hardly anybody in line ahead of me. I got through without even taking off my jewelry for the metal detector, no searches, no questions (not that I was expecting any, since I'm traveling relatively light and not carrying anything suspicious). My plane leaves sometime after 2:00 PM. I've got some time to kill. Good thing I brought a book. Also, thank Google for the Internet. They're providing free WiFi at Logan airport for the holiday season as a gift to the general public. Google may be taking over the world, but they are a benevolent dictator.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good luck on the trip! I only just noticed you called a few days ago (my phone's on buzz), I've been sick so I hadn't checked >_<. Anyway, I hope everything goes smoothly, I know you'll have an exciting time there :D
ReplyDelete