Click on any picture for a full-sized version.
I haven't gotten any pictures of the people at the college yet, but I'm sure I will soon. I've got quite some time to spend with them yet before I leave them picture-less. Basically, I spend the most time with my (human) roommate, Vivian, and my boss Sunel and her husband Gawie. They're all really nice people. And Vivian is teaching me Shangaan, which is fun. I can have a basic "Good morning" conversation in Shangaan, and that's about it, but it's a start.
Places:
This is me in front of a gigantic Nelson Mandela statue in Jo'burg.
And this is just overlooking the area. Despite being a big city, there are a lot of trees in Johannesburg, which you can see when you are looking down from above it.
Here is the thatched-roof cottage I live in. Most of the lights work, most of the time, and the water's only stopped running once so far (it's been a week living here). It is really rather cute, though. What I don't understand is how every room is separate and you have to go outside to go to the bathroom, kitchen, etc. It's a little bizarre.
Animals:
Buffalo and impala
Elephants and hippos
Giant termite mound
There will be more pictures soon, but I do have limits on how much I can put up at one time here. Enjoy!


No comments:
Post a Comment