Monday, January 25, 2010

Send me things!

So, in case anyone felt like sending me a care package (and please include cookies), or anything else for that matter, here's where snail mail will eventually reach me:

Angelina Carnevale
c/o Southern African Wildlife College
Resource Centre
Private Bag X3015, Hoedspruit
Northern Province, 1380
South Africa

8 comments:

  1. This is the first time I've noticed this blog, so now I'll be sure to follow. How's Africa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read for yourself how Africa is, you silly! Also, I like it so far. How's America?

    ReplyDelete
  3. so if we were to mail you a gift are there special regulations of what can and cannot be sent seeing that we would be sending it to another country on a different continent?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an excellent question Cathy! I'd say use common sense and don't send me a puppy and/or explosives. Please no exploding puppies. I would be quite upset if you sent me that.
    But in all seriousness, I'll do some digging and let you know. I'd say anything you'd normally put in a care package would be fine. Customs would only have issues with large amounts of cash or bootlegged World Cup merchandise. Or, you know, weapons...and I'd say anything incredibly fragile is probably a bad idea to send out here too. If you've got a specific question that you're not quite sure of, let me know and I'll see if I can find out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What kind of cookies do you like? Maybe I'll have a GSLIS bake-a-thon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, thanks. I was only half-serious about people sending me things, but I've gotten such a positive response from it; maybe I should go away more often. Anyway, I'll eat just about any baked good as long as it doesn't contain coconut. Chocolate is always a safe bet, but it's not necessary for deliciousness to ensue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SHould we bake a double batch for the rats?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, no, we got the locks on two of the cabinets fixed, so we should be able to keep them out of it.

    ReplyDelete