Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Negative Progress
I'm back to being depressed about this whole library project. I get the feeling that the people above me in the library management don't really understand what a huge undertaking this is, and despite them saying that they're fully on board, they completely expect me to do everything on my own. I realize that it is my project, but it requires things that I can't do without more power in the organization, more time here at the college, more managerial support, more planning, and about a gazillion more dollars/rand. Sometimes I just want to give up and go home. Finish my degree, and be a librarian in some quiet little town somewhere in New England. This whole "making a difference in the world" thing is a load of shit, and I can't do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

ok kiddo
ReplyDeletei agree the whole making a difference thing is a load of crap, however you ARE making a difference, just like me and Phil were doing back in the sixties, we just didnt see it at the time, just like you don't see it now, it was just Phil the black bowler, and me the white bowler, every team in the league had 4 people, we had 2 me and Phil, cause no white kid wanted to be on the team with the black guy and none of his black friends wanted to bowl with the white guy. this went on for several years, me and Phil, Phil and me, his friends never accepted me, and my friends never accepted him. but it was a start. everything takes time.
catch ya soon
lighten up, the sun will come up as it does everyday.
love daddy